Friday, September 22, 2006

School Days


Beth started school two weeks ago, and is having a wonderful time in her new classroom. She adores her new teacher, and is thrilled to have one of her friends from last year in her class again. Here's a picture of her and Daddy on her very first day of school.

When I look at this photo, I realize how much she's changed since last year. Last year's photos show a somewhat frightened and slightly confused little girl. She had no idea what "school" was, and had no desire to sit for pictures on her way out the door to this dubious adventure. This year she couldn't wait to go. She smiled for the camera, begged to have more pictures taken, and ran into the car with a shout of excitement. While I still feel some pangs of sadness when I leave her at school, I'm so glad that she feels happy and secure in her little world. Go get 'em Beth. Daddy and I wish you a wonderful year of playing and learning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home