Sunday, November 30, 2008

Battling Illness

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We had a very enjoyable holiday eating turkey at Nana and Grampy's, along with Uncle Dan, Aunt Chloe and Uncle Patrick. The food was delicious, as always, and Brian thoroughly enjoyed his first turkey dinner. He absolutely stuffed himself with turkey, stuffing, potatoes and carrots, while Amy and Erin filled up on dill pickles and turkey. Beth had quite a full plate of turkey and fixings herself, and we all enjoyed pie and cake for dessert.

Beth battled a stomach virus a couple of days before the holiday, so we were very thankful to have all the kids healthy for turkey day! We thought that we had escaped an episode of stomach-virus-running-through-the-entire-household, but this morning Amy was hit by the bug. As stomach bugs go, it seems to be somewhat mild, so after spending the entire afternoon on the couch, she managed to hold down some jello for dinner, and then she collapsed into bed.

Two down, two kids left to go. I think I bleached everything in the house except the kids, so hopefully that helps. (Wishful thinking, most likely). Oh well. As long as Dan and I can stay healthy, I'll be happy!

I think I better get to bed. It might be a long night...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home