Monday, June 01, 2009

Off to the dentist

Erin, Amy and I all had our teeth cleaned at the dentist's this morning. Trying to keep a toddler sitting quietly in a waiting room for over an hour is quite a challenge, so Grampy and Nana took turns walking Brian around the neighborhood in his stroller. (Of course I slathered sun block onto Brian's little body before his walk, but I apparently missed a small spot on his nose. He now has a tiny, bright-red area on the tip of his nose, giving him a strong resemblance to Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer). Amy and Erin were quite well-behaved during their cleanings, although Erin flatly refused to let the hygienist "brush her teeth with dirt". So they used plain-old Colgate on her teeth, while Amy chose blueberry-flavored toothpaste for her cleaning.

I had a few moments of panic while I was sitting in the chair, mouth full of instruments, as I overheard the beginnings of an argument breaking out between the two girls in the waiting room, but luckily they managed to sort things out on their own. The secretary had her hands full trying to answer the phone while Amy and Erin talked incessantly to her about their trip to Dairy Queen last night for ice cream. All-in-all in was a successful outing.

The girls have no cavities, but unfortunately I was not as lucky. The dentist informed me that I have to have a root canal. Soon. Yikes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home