Monday, September 25, 2006

LIttle Erin Appleseed

I've already learned that toast with jelly can be mighty sticky. So I've been experimenting with other foods and household objects in an attempt to keep Erin quiet and happy while I prepare meals. Today I found the perfect thing. A crisp, peeled apple worked perfectly. She sat in her booster chair, munching away. Whenever I looked over to check her, she would smile and wave her apple at me. Perfect...or so I thought.

I did notice that the apple was getting smaller and smaller. In hindsight, I should have taken it away when it got so small that she could hold it in her fist. But when lunch was finally ready and I brought a sandwich to her, I could not find the apple core anywhere. I picked her up, checked inside her shirt, and then got on my hands and knees to check the floor. I never did find it. I can guess where it probably went. Next time I'll be a little more vigilant...but that was the quietest meal-preparation I've had in a long, long time.

1 Comments:

At 6:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure it will turn up "somewhere."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home