Saturday, February 10, 2007

Planning Ahead

About a year ago, Beth and Amy chose their future spouses. They simply picked their favorite male playmates, and then began planning the weddings. Here's the conversation I overheard today:

AMY: Doesn't it sometimes make you mad, that Mom and Dad never let us pick out Erin's name?

BETH: Yeah, it really does. I wanted to name her Kate, but they didn't listen to me.

AMY: I know. They think that because they're the grown-ups, they should pick out the names for all of us.

BETH: Well, when I have babies, I'm going to name my first one Kate, and my second one Siobhan.

AMY: What if you have boys?

BETH: Oh, no. I'm only having girls. I don't think Bailey will mind at all. I'll tell him, next time I see him. Are you going to have boy babies or girl babies when you grow up, Amy?

AMY (sounding a bit worried): I don't know. I better ask Seamus about that. Maybe he'll know.

BETH: I don't think he'll care either. He's a lot like Bailey. We'll just tell them that we want all girls.

AMY: Ok. We'll just tell them.

2 Comments:

At 8:41 AM , Blogger Bears and Squirrels said...

Wow. Your blog never fails to crack me up. I do like the girls choices for names...poor Bailey and Seamus!

 
At 9:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well they learned quickly didn't they...:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home