Tuesday, June 12, 2007

She's getting too smart for me

AMY (as we were leaving the pharmacy): Mommy, that door is so cool. It opens up all by itself when we get near it. How does that work?

ME: Oh, it's a magic door, Amy. When we get near it, it just magically knows that it's time to open. Isn't that cool?

BETH (scornfully): That's not true at all. It's not magic. I saw it on Mr. Rogers once. There's an electronic piece on the top of the door, and it senses us coming. That piece makes the door open when we get there. People make that electronic piece. There isn't anything magic about it.

2 Comments:

At 7:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh so clever these kids! Like when I went to the nearby university to check into taking a class to renew my teaching certificate and E asked why we were there. I said, "So I can be a teacher" and he said, (VERY matter-of-factly)"But you already HAVE a job. You are a Mommy and you work at home!" That's right kid - don't you forget it!!

 
At 1:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great. Maybe she can tell me how that light comes on in the fridge. I've never been able to grasp that one. . .

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home