Monday, July 28, 2008

Amen

Erin is busy learning her prayers. After years of listening to her big sisters, she was fairly familiar with the "Our Father" and "Hail Mary", but she often skipped around and missed a few lines here and there. So lately, we've been saying the prayers with her each night, helping her to say them perfectly.

This morning at breakfast, she was practicing. She stopped at the end of one prayer, and looked up at me.

"I think that instead of saying 'Amen" at the end of my prayers, I'm going to say 'Oh, yeah!'. Do you think that would be okay with God?", she asked.

I think we better check with Uncle John on this one.

1 Comments:

At 9:09 PM , Blogger betolisa said...

I'm no expert, but I say God would approve! I think I'll start saying that now--it has that enthusiastic, sincere energy behind it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home