Tuesday, July 08, 2008

It's Bedtime...

...I hope.

Tonight marks Erin's transition from babyhood into "big girl" dreamland.

She's out of her crib, and into her toddler bed. Personally, I would have preferred to keep her in a crib until her teenage years, but lately she's become quite upset by the fact that she is unable to get out of bed to go to the bathroom. I suppose that it is understandable that a potty-trained child would like access to the bathroom in the middle of the night, but I do find the crib to be so cozy and...confining.

I know that, as a mother, I should applaud her latest milestone. But hard as I try, I can't help focusing on the middle-of-the-night wanderings, the end of the beautiful, beautiful afternoon nap, and the variety of other sleep-challenges that are most likely heading our way.

But even I have to admit that she looked mighty cute in her little bed.

Good-night, Erin. And please...stay put.

1 Comments:

At 8:04 PM , Blogger Tracey said...

How'd it go? I will be sending you picks soon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home