Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Blessings

This morning, just as I was about to turn on the shower, I heard Brian's wails coming from his room. I turned off the shower and sighed, thinking..."I remember a time when I could get dressed in the morning without interruption."

But, I also remember a time when I didn't have a smiling, cooing Brian to greet me each morning with wet, drooling kisses.

As I readied breakfast, I noticed that there was a large, sticky, red spill on the bottom of the refrigerator. And I thought... "I remember when I used to have time to keep the house clean".

But, I also remember a time when I didn't have a six-year-old that could proudly "help" make jello dessert for the family.


Later in the morning, when Erin had a minor meltdown in the supermarket, I thought... "I remember when food shopping was a quick, easy task that could be accomplished without causing disruptions throughout the store."

But, I also remember a time when I couldn't pile little ones into the supermarket shopping "cars" and careen up and down aisles to the tune of loud giggles.

And this afternoon, when I tried unsuccessfully to read a few pages of my book, I thought... "I remember when I could sit and read uninterrupted, for hours at a time".

But, I also remember a time when I didn't have three little girls climbing onto my lap and begging for "just one more story..."

I remember...and I realize just how blessed I really am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home