Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Contest! A Contest!


Next Wednesday, Brian has his six-month-checkup. He will actually be 6.5 months old at that time, and Dan and I are already taking bets about his height and weight. I thought that the rest of you might like to join in the fun, and take a guess too. Feel free to post your guess in the comment section below. I know that some of you have mentioned that the new blogger makes it more difficult to post comments without a g-mail account, but I think you can easily post by using the "anonymous" choice. Just make sure you put your name in with your comment so I give proper credit! If you just can't make the comments work, you can email your guess to me directly.

The winner will receive an autographed, full-color photo of Brian
.

A few key points to keep in mind:

1. The average six-month-old baby boy (50th percentile) weighs about 17 pounds, and is about 26 inches long.

2. Brian is definitely not your average baby boy.

3. At 4 months old, Brian weighed 18.5 pounds, and was 26.5 inches long.

4. At almost-three-years-old, Erin weighs somewhere between 27-28 pounds.

5. Lately, I've noticed that Erin feels significantly lighter than her baby brother. I don't think she actually is lighter, but because she's not quite as floppy, she certainly feels lighter. I would imagine that Brian's weight is pretty darn close to Erin's.

Even all of you lurkers are welcome to join in with a guess. I know you're out there because my site-meter shows an awful lot of hits each day...there must be some strangers out there! I've included a photo to help with your guessing. Don't forget to include height and weight! Good luck, and may the best aunt/uncle/grandparent/cousin/friend win!!!

13 Comments:

At 6:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have not seen Brian in about a month so I am taking a wild guess.
I would say he is about 22.5 lbs. and is about 28 inches!

See you soon!
Love, Sara

 
At 8:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would guess about 24.5 lbs and 29" tall.

God bless,
Grampy

 
At 9:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have to say. 25.2 lbs and 30.5 inches tall.

Mike

 
At 9:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll take the long shot: 25.6 lbs and 31 inches
Uncle John

 
At 4:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom and Pop say 24.2 lb and 28.5 long

 
At 6:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would say 23.5 lbs. and 27.5 inches.

Love, Nana

 
At 7:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would say he is about 21.5 lbs and 28.5 inches. I also had a big baby boy that is quickly catching up to his 3 year old sister. Hope all is well.
Susan

 
At 7:36 PM , Blogger Tracey said...

26 lbs. and 30 in. tall. I can't wait to see the results!

 
At 9:55 PM , Blogger betolisa said...

25.5 lbs, 27.5"

 
At 12:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

21.5 lbs, 27.5in.
~Michelle & Hank~

 
At 2:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having held Brian recently, I would guess 29lbs and 29 inches.
I can't wait to win his picture!!!

(Library) Michele

 
At 6:13 PM , Blogger mmgavin2003 said...

24.5 pounds and 28.1 inches

(Aunt) Mary

 
At 10:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

24 pounds, 28 inches.
Ruth

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home