Friday, August 15, 2008

Congratulations, Nastia!

Beth and I have enjoyed following the women's gymnastics competitions, and Beth is thrilled that one of her favorite athletes won gold last night. But, as a result of America's gold medal, I've been living in chaos this morning.

I have three little girls that absolutely refuse to take off their leotards.

I have nearly had six heart attacks, watching Beth doing front handspring vaults over the couch, and practicing beam routines and leaps on the back of the couches.

I have spent half the morning hanging Beth's gymnastics medals around her neck, calling out... "and the gold medal is awarded to Elizabeth, from the United States of America!", and then humming the National Anthem while Beth stands stoically with her hand over her heart.

And now, I find myself counting down the hours and minutes until Beth's gym practice this evening, so that she can practice her skills without ruining our furniture.

2020 Olympics, here we come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home