Monday, December 22, 2008

Getting Ready For Christmas

Today was a frigid day, with bitterly cold temperatures and icy winds. It was a bit too cold for playing out in the snow, so after we braved the chilly air to do a few errands, we decided to stay home for the rest of the day. Amy and Brian are fighting colds, so we baked Christmas cookies and tried to rest a bit. The girls have been feeling a little stir-crazy, so I set them up with some arts and crafts supplies this afternoon, and told them to use their imaginations to create some masterpieces.

The house was blessedly quiet for awhile, as they colored, cut and glued. After about a half hour of activity, Erin called out, "Mommy, do we know Jesus' address?"

Not exactly sure what she was really asking, I walked over to their craft table to see what she was doing.

"I made a birthday card for Jesus, Mama", she told me. "We have to get it in the mail soon, or it won't get there in time".

Amy had also made a birthday card for Jesus, so I tried to explain that, while there was no mailing address for their cards, Jesus would look down from Heaven, and He would love seeing their cards.

But Beth's creation was exceptional. As you can see below, she made a wreath of hearts, decorated with Winnie-The-Pooh stickers.

"It's a crown of hearts, Mommy", she told me. "It's for Jesus to wear instead of the crown of thorns. I think this crown is much better for Him, don't you?"



I certainly do, Beth. I think it's beautiful.

3 Comments:

At 11:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very sweet...and I chuckle at the stage of Erin, very similar to Alyssa: After reading one of her books the other day, "The Story of Christmas," where it explains that we give gifts at Christmas to celebrate Jesus' birthday...as we came to the last page and it said, "Happy Birthday Jesus!" with a picture of him with Mary and Joseph, she asked me, "Mommy, where's his cake?" ~Michelle~

 
At 10:36 AM , Blogger Jeannie said...

so sweet!

 
At 2:17 PM , Blogger betolisa said...

From the mouths of babes--their wisdom is astounding!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home