Friday, October 20, 2006

Birthday Bliss

Let me give you a visual aid. As I sit here typing, I am wearing a "fun foam", hand-made birthday crown. It's decorated with princess stickers, lots of magic marker drawings, and the letters "S", "H" and "C", although I am still not fully aware of the significance of this acronym. Beside me sits an adorable birthday card, stating "I love you Mom. Love Beth". At my feet are three little strangers, playing quietly. They LOOK like my daughters, but they are acting very strangely. My day has been peppered with comments such as "Of course I'll clean up the crayons, Mom. It's your birthday!" and "Amy and I are not going to fight even ONCE today because it's your birthday". Every few minutes one of them bursts forth with "Happy Birthday, Mom!"

I believe they have been bribed. They did let loose a secret this morning, regarding the "surprise" ice cream sundae bar and pizza dinner to be held this evening...IF they are very good today. But that's okay. I don't care what is the root cause of this amazing behaviour and happy day. I'll just enjoy it. Even if it's only once a year.

2 Comments:

At 1:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Ellen!

 
At 1:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you had a wonderful bday - it sounds like you did!! love, audrey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home