Saturday, November 04, 2006

Car Tunes

If you don't know the old tune I'm about to tell you about then you probably won't see the humor in this story, but hopefully some of you will get it!

Beth called out from the back of the van, "Mommy, can you put the Barney tape on?" Since we own at least 5 different Barney tapes, I questioned her, "Which one?"

"The one that has that song about the little girl that lost her rabbit, and she wants it back so badly", was Beth's answer.

Little girl that lost her rabbit? For the life of me, I could not think which song that could be. I asked her to sing a little bit of it for me.

Her song came floating through the van.

"Bring back...bring back...bring back my bunny to me, to me! Oh, bring back...bring back...bring back my bunny to me!"

Comments, please. Do you recognize it?!

3 Comments:

At 8:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not recognize the tune, but when I read the lyrics to Katie she instantly launched into, "Bring back my BONNIE to me". That's pretty funny.

 
At 9:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brendan, What a gap in your musical education. How could you not know that song. It's one of my favorites.

Ellen, It's probably better if you let your wee lassie keep her version of the lyrics as a lost bunny probably has more emotional pathos for her than a lost bonny.

 
At 8:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAH HAH! When we were playing a similar tape, and "Oh my darlin' Clementine" came on. After the "You are lost and gone forever..." part came on, E said, "where did she go?"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home