Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Too much information

Today, as we sat by the window and watched the leaves falling off the trees, we talked about the fact that winter would soon be here, and snow would cover the trees and grass. Amy asked, "Mommy, where does the snow come from?"

Eager to teach her something new, I harkened back to my Eighth Grade Earth Science classes. I explained a bit about the water cycle, and the effects of freezing temperatures on the falling water, sleet or snow. Amy's eyes glazed over, and her mouth hung open.

When I proudly finished my science lesson, Amy had one comment.

"Mommy, the only answer I really needed was, 'Oh, Amy...snow comes from the sky'".

1 Comments:

At 8:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grampy is right. I remember someone saying, "I can't ask Dad. I don't want to know that much about it."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home