Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Best Behavior

Today the girls and I made chocolate pudding, to be enjoyed after our dinner tonight. They have only had this treat a couple of times before, so they spent the entire afternoon eagerly awaiting dessert. We ran out to the supermarket just before dinner to pick up some needed groceries, and on the way there I reminded them that chocolate pudding would only be given to the girls that were well-behaved in the store.

They behaved wonderfully, of course.

As I paid for the groceries, the woman that was bagging the food noticed how remarkably cooperative my little cherubs were, and she commented on this to Beth.

"Oh, yes", said Beth happily. "We're not always this good. Actually, Amy and I fight a lot over toys. But today we are having chocolate pudding for dessert, and we can't have it if we're bad. So that's the only reason why we're so good today".

The cashier and the bagger burst out laughing. So did I.

I felt a tad bit guilty for using the pudding as a bribe for good behavior. But not too guilty. That was a very peaceful shopping trip.

I think I'll make butterscotch pudding tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 11:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAH HAHHHH!!!! Gotta love a good bribe!:)

 
At 9:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd behave for chocolate pudding too. I might not be quite so good for butterscotch.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home