Sunday, July 15, 2007

Off to camp they go

Tomorrow morning Beth and Amy are off to gymnastics camp.

When I signed them up for camp, way back in February, it sounded like such a great idea. The two of them could have this experience together. It would help Amy deal with separation issues before school starts in the Fall. They could spend hours jumping and flipping, playing at their favorite sport. And Erin and I could spend lots of time alone together.

But now? As I pack their lunches and get their leotards ready, I feel somewhat nervous and...well...empty. I'm worried about Amy being away from me for so long. I've asked Beth to watch out for her little sister, but I am still concerned. After all, she's only three years old. Is she really ready for camp? Alone? Without me? Will she be well taken care of? What if she gets hurt? Will she be scared? Will she make friends?

Beth is fairly confident and self-sufficient, but I still have some nagging worries about her, too. Hopefully she meets some new friends, too, and enjoys her week of gymnastics.

I'm not sure I'll be sleeping too well, tonight. I do plan to do some fun activities with Erin, and I'm sure Beth and Amy will have a wonderful time at the gym.

But I'll be counting the minutes until I can go pick up my other two babies from the gym. And when I do, I'll hold them close for just a few extra minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home