Tuesday, August 28, 2007

You Know Your Kids are WAY too accident-prone when...

...they have conversations like this:

AMY: "Mommy, next time one of us goes to the hospital for some more stitches or a bumped head or for ITP medicine or something like that, can we get some food in the hospital cafeteria or a present in the gift store?"

BETH: "Which one is your favorite hospital, Amy? I like Children's Hospital the best. I like seeing all the tall buildings. But I also like the hospital where I had my stitches. They have good snack machines there."

AMY: "I think I liked the one where I went when I bumped my head, but I can't really remember it too much. They did have a cool playroom with a kitchen in it. I played there, but my IV kept getting caught on things".

ME: Let's just try to stay OUT of the hospitals for a while, okay? I don't like any of them. If you want to see tall buildings or get snacks from a vending machine, we'll just take a day trip somewhere, okay?"

2 Comments:

At 12:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing how children see the positive in things, even going to the hospital!

 
At 9:00 PM , Blogger betolisa said...

I guess I'm fortunate in that my kids just think the hospital is where Mommy works. And about those gift shops....coming from one who manages one....SHOP AWAY! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home