Friday, November 02, 2007

Sugar High



There is waaaaayyyy too much candy in our house right now. The girls only spent about an hour trekking around the neighborhood, but their pumpkins were almost overflowing when they arrived home. My days are now spent listening to the constant begging from three little girls..."pleasssee, can I have some candy now?" It begins the moment they awake in the morning, and ends at bedtime. Each night Dan and I dump a few more pieces from each pumpkin into the trash. We never, ever eat any of it ourselves. Wouldn't even think of it. That would be stealing. We're just desperate for the sugar highs and lows to end, and are hoping that the pumpkins will be empty by the end of this weekend.

The girls did have a great night, however. They enjoyed running from house to house along with a large group of neighborhood friends. I think Dan had almost as much fun as they did. As for me, I enjoyed a short bit of quiet and solitude, left home alone to pass out the candy to the few kids that rang our doorbell. I look forward to joining in the festivities a bit more next year, when we have another little trick-or-treater to carry along!

Hope you all enjoyed the Halloween festivities as much as we did here!!

1 Comments:

At 8:42 PM , Blogger betolisa said...

What fun! Thomas the Train and the Pink Butterfly didn't get nearly enough candy for their liking, but my migraine last night told me that we have enough!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home