Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Big sisters getting ready

Today we traveled up to the hospital for Beth and Amy's "big sister" class. It was a busy morning, but the girls had so much fun. They got to tour the maternity unit, peek into the baby nursery, listen to a story about new babies, make a "welcome baby" card, and practice holding a baby doll. Amy was very serious about the whole venture, and was very careful to support the doll's head when she was holding it. Their adorable cards are tucked away in the the baby's room (also known as "Erin's room!"). Being on the maternity unit made the baby's birth seem very real. Only six more weeks to go, now!

After the class we met Nana and Erin for lunch in the coffee shop. Nana works at the hospital, so we are looking forward to seeing her there often when the baby arrives!

I'm continuing to grow quite large, and strangers can't believe it when I tell them that I still have six more weeks to go. I'm guessing that the baby will be 9 pounds, 10 ounces. I shouldn't guess a gender, since I am notoriously wrong about that, but I really do think that this one is a boy, since I have felt so different throughout the pregnancy. Please continue to keep us all in your prayers as we enter the home stretch!

1 Comments:

At 8:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am thinking of you so often these days, Ellen!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home