Sunday, September 23, 2007

Soccer Mom

That's what I've officially become.

Yesterday was Beth's first soccer practice and "game". She's been begging to try the sport, so we signed her up for the Fall session at the Y. Dan was so excited about the whole thing that he went out and bought her a pair of cleats, pink shin guards, and a new soccer ball. She was supposed to start last weekend, but unfortunately the game was rained out.

But this Saturday dawned bright and sunny, so off we went to the field. The kids were assigned to their teams, and they split up for a short practice before the game. I'll admit that I was a bit nervous when I saw that she was on a team full of boys, but she seemed to handle it well. She looked quite cute out there, in the midst of all that testosterone, wearing her neon pink shin guards and pink shorts!

After a few minutes of kicking and dribbling, they lined up to play. What a riot. I don't think any of the kids had the slightest clue as to what they were doing. They all just kicked away at the ball, paying no attention to the referee's whistle. Sometimes they would be so far out of bounds that a couch would have to run after them and reel them all back onto the field. But Beth had a wonderful time, and Amy and Erin seemed to enjoy watching the fun.

So that's what we'll be doing for the next 10 Saturday mornings. It was quite enjoyable yesterday, when the weather was warm and sunny, but I'm not sure I'll find it quite so fun on a drizzly November morning. I think I'll send Dan and Amy along to watch those games, while Erin and I stay warm and cozy here at home.

3 Comments:

At 5:00 PM , Blogger mmgavin2003 said...

Oooh...we'll come on those games in November. I'm so excited she's playing!

 
At 4:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great! We need some actions shots for the blog!

 
At 10:02 AM , Blogger betolisa said...

And you'll have baby #4 to serve as your excuse to stay in pretty soon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home