Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Amy update

In case you're wondering...Amy loved her first day of school.

She happily marched into her classroom, carrying her Dora the Explorer backpack. She was fighting some nerves, but she greeted her teacher with a smile. I snapped a few photos of her, sitting at the table coloring a picture, while her classmates sat alongside her.

After a few minutes, she asked me to come closer so that she could tell me a secret.

I bent down to her level with a smile, prepared to hear her confessing to some lingering jitters. I was all ready to bolster her confidence with some words of wisdom. She whispered loudly into my ear.

"Mommy, all the other mommies and daddies are leaving now. Shouldn't you go home now, too?"

And that was that. Erin and I reluctantly exited the schoolhouse, and Amy cheerily waved goodbye. I guess I was the one that was having the first-day jitters...Amy handled it all just fine.

2 Comments:

At 8:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How brave!

 
At 9:03 PM , Blogger Bears and Squirrels said...

That is too sweet. How polite of her to tell you in secret!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home