Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter! He Is Risen!



(We never did get a good picture of Brian, as he was a bit fussy on Easter!)

Wishing you all a Happy and Blessed Easter!! This was a particularly special Easter for me. My good friend and neighbor, Kerry, has spent the last six months preparing to join the Catholic church, and I was honored to act as her sponsor. Last night, at an absolutely beautiful Easter Vigil Mass, she and three other adults were welcomed into the Church.

Kerry's dedication has been inspiring to watch. Because her husband works on Sunday mornings, she has made this weekly journey with three little ones by her side, faithfully attending Mass and weekly meetings while battling occasional tantrums and toddler tears. While most people would shy away from such a challenge, she embraced it in a way that was truly amazing to watch. And so, last night, it was an incredible experience to stand by her side as she began her life as a member of the Catholic church. It was beautiful, emotional, and simply the culmination of months of learning and praying. In this sometimes-troubled time in the Church, it was so incredible to see these four adults choosing to become a part of our Faith, a Faith that is so important to me and to my family. Congratulations, Kerry!

As an added bonus, I now have some quiet, peaceful time alone with Brian, while Dan is at Church with the three girls! We decided that pacing in the back of the church with a fussy baby was not too appealing, so here I am, enjoying some quality Easter morning time with my little "Bri-guy".

Of course, the Easter bunny hopped through our house last night, and now our living room is strewn with pink and purple Easter grass, candy wrappers, and plastic eggs. The sugar-high crash won't be pretty, but it has been so fun to watch them enjoying their Easter basket surprises!

Tomorrow morning I start my new job (a bit daunting, with a baby that is not-such-a-good-sleeper)! My posts here may be few and far between this week as I go through my orientation at the new nursing home, but I will try to write soon! Meanwhile, if you start to miss my updates, enjoy watching Brian's "rolling over" video once again. It's truly thrilling...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home