Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Feverish nights once again...

I apologize for the lack of postings recently, but after almost a full week of "up-all-night" with a wailing Brian, I must take this opportunity to praise the powers of that wonder-drug known as amoxicillin. After three doses, Brian's ear infection seems to be improving, and last night he finally slept peacefully. Getting vile-flavored medicine into this baby has been quite challenging, since he refuses to take a bottle from me. After many attempts at dropping the antibiotic into his cheek and watching him spit it right back out, I tried mixing it with his rice cereal. Each bite was followed by a dramatic, contorted face of horror from my little guy, but we eventually managed to get the medicine down.

Of course, the incredible-growing-baby never missed a meal while he was sick, and he weighed in at a whopping 18.5 pounds at his four-month checkup last week! (In his defense, he was actually four and a half months old at the time...) I see no need to visit the gym at this time, because I have developed very strong arm muscles simply by lugging his car seat around town...

2 Comments:

At 3:16 PM , Blogger Tracey said...

Wow! Sarah only weighs 26 lbs.!!!! Amazing! Glad to hear he's feeling better.

 
At 2:27 PM , Blogger Bears and Squirrels said...

That's my Godchild fiesty and strong even in the face of infection. Sleep seems to be a luxury item these days! Give everyone a hug for me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home