Thursday, August 21, 2008

Brief Summary Of The Last Two Weeks

1. Rush home from work each evening in the hopes that I can catch some of the gymnastics competitions.

2. Stay up until well-past-midnight, because NBC insists on showing gymnastics events at the very end of their broadcast.

3. Collapse into bed, only to be woken up a few hours later by Brian's piercing screams.

4. Drag myself out of bed the next morning, resolved to skip that night's competition and opt for a full night's sleep instead.

5. Spend a groggy day with the kids, and then head off to work once again.

6. Repeat steps 1-5.

But since last night was the gymnastics closing gala, I can now look forward to a bit more sleep. While I am quite impressed with the speeds at which some of the track and field athletes can run, I am not dedicated enough to stay awake until midnight to watch them.

I have four years to catch up on my sleep. And next time, I'll bet that Beth will be by my side as we cheer on team USA.

1 Comments:

At 9:17 PM , Blogger betolisa said...

Maybe in four years you'll have TIVO and can watch it the next morning....or NBC will receive enough complaints and will put gymnastics on earlier.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home