Sunday, November 19, 2006

Learning something new

Today I came in the door from work, and was greeted by Amy's happy shouts. "Daddy learned, Mommy! Look what he learned!"

She ran up to me, grinning from ear to ear. I waited to hear more about Daddy's apparent lesson, but she didn't say a word. She just continued smiling, and waiting expectantly. Finally, I queried, "What did Daddy learn?"

She tossed her head back and forth. "He learned to put in TWO ponytails! He always said he couldn't do it. But today, he learned!"

I looked carefully at her curls, and saw that, sure enough, Daddy did learn. They were slightly crooked, but I definitely can't complain about that, since even I still haven't completely mastered the art of finding the perfect part in a head full of frizzy curls. The two ponytail holders were not even remotely the same color, but I had to admit that her hair didn't look too bad.

Who said that being a stay-at-home Dad on the weekends would be boring?! Daddy is apparently learning new and very important things every day. Amy is so proud of him. Actually, I am too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home