Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Three-year-old tantrums

Today Amy had a terrible temper tantrum, and she ended up sitting in the "time-out" chair in the family room for a few minutes. She was kicking, screaming and banging her feet on the chair. I stayed in the kitchen, preparing dinner and attempting to remain calm in the midst of all the chaos. I walked back into the room to check on her, and she looked over at me, shaking with anger, and screamed "Mommy, I'm SO MAD at you! I'm so mad, that I decided that I will NEVER BE A LIBRARIAN LIKE YOU! So THERE!"

I had all I could do to keep from bursting out laughing. I quickly left the room and returned to the meal preparation while Amy's tantrum slowly resolved.

Sometimes, there is humor to be found around here when I least expect it.

2 Comments:

At 6:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, that will show you. Besides, Amy has already told me she's going to be anurse.

 
At 8:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow and I thought E's threatening screams of "You are NOT my friend!" and "Mommy Santa is watching you!" were pretty brutal!:) These little people wield so much power...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home