Sunday, November 04, 2007

Daylight Saving

I know I wrote about this last year (see archives from last October!) but I feel compelled to mention it once again.

Fall Daylight Saving time is not fun for parents of little ones. If you happen to have a four-year-old daughter that generally wakes up around 6:15am each day (waay too early for me, anyway), she will now wake up at 5:15am, full of energy and ready for her day. This can be particularly stressful when you are planning to bring a wakeful newborn home in 10 more days. That gives us only a little over a week to straighten out Amy's internal clock.

Oh, Ben Franklin...why, oh why did you invent such a crazy custom?!

2 Comments:

At 12:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

YUP - E woke up today at 5:50 and then crawled in bed w/us - I was so comatose that I slept through the entire thing, but imagine my surprise when he elbowed me in the back while he was sleeping! Maybe you could institute a "no coming out of your room until the sun is out" rule?

 
At 11:17 PM , Blogger Bears and Squirrels said...

I would also like to petition to get rid of the time change. Liam now greets me at 5AM with a bottle of cranberry juice and a sippy cup- then opens the blinds and says "all done" ( as to say the sun is up...let's go.) It has been very bad timing with Bridget's eating schedule and Mommy's sleeping schedule!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home