Friday, September 26, 2008

Tales Of A First Grader

Beth loves first grade, and jumps off the bus each afternoon bubbling over with excitement, tripping over her words as she tries to tell me each detail about her day. But this afternoon, as she sat at the table eating her snack, she cupped her chin in her hand and sighed.

"Mommy, first grade is really, really hard", she said.

I sat down next to her to discuss her concerns. "Really?" I asked. "Tell me what it is that you find so difficult".

She sighed again. "My desk is right next to the coat-room", she answered. "Whenever the other kids go to get their things from the closet, their coats accidentally brush against the folders on the back of my chair. I have to keep picking up my folders and putting them back in the pocket."

She sighed again. "Sometimes it's really hard being a first grader".

I don't doubt that it is. Sometimes, it's the little things that are just so tough.

1 Comments:

At 11:22 PM , Blogger Aubrey said...

Oh! How sweet is the innocence that our children possess?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home