Monday, July 06, 2009

A Lesson Learned

Even after 7.5 years and four kids, we're still learning new parenting skills each day. Yesterday, Dan and I discovered that when two of your kids wake up and say, "I think I'm going to throw up", it's best to take their complaints seriously. It's definitely not a good idea to chalk it all up to "post-4th-of-July-festivities-exhaustion", and pack the kids up to take them to church. Because if you do something foolish like this, you might find yourself frantically rushing three little girls out of the side door of the church, while sending up a desperate prayer to God to just let the kids make it outside before the vomiting begins. And then, you might just find yourself stranded in the parking lot for 30 minutes with two sick little girls and one not-yet-sick-girl, because your husband is pacing around somewhere else in the church with the baby, and he has the car keys. It makes for a very long, exhausting morning.

Thankfully, we learned our lesson. Next time, we'll set them up on the couch with some ginger-ale, and avoid a scene like the one described above. Next time, I think we'll take them a bit more seriously...

2 Comments:

At 8:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good grief!!! Was my grilling that bad???
Seriously, I hope they're all feeling better, now.
- Grampy G.

 
At 8:38 AM , Blogger Ellen said...

I heard that the grilling was great! They all had so much fun on the 4th. I wish I could have been there, too!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home