Friday, October 09, 2009

Happy Birthday, Amy!

Last night we journeyed into the magical world of Narnia, to celebrate Amy's sixth birthday. Amy adores this fantasy tale, and has listened to all seven of the Chronicles of Narnia books. For her sixth birthday, her only request was for a "Narnia party" with her family. I have to work today, so we celebrated her birthday last night. We donned crowns and fancy dresses, and pinned blankets around our shoulders for robes. We enjoyed a lion cake in honor of King Aslan. And as I looked across that table and saw Dan solemnly eating his dinner and cake with a baby blanket tied around his shoulders, I realized how lucky these children are to have a Daddy that shares in their imaginative world.

Happy Sixth Birthday, Princess Lucy. We love you very much!!!

6 Comments:

At 10:30 AM , Blogger Tracey said...

Happy birthday Amy!

 
At 7:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday,Amy Margaret! I love you.
Love, Sara

 
At 3:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Amy! Sorry I couldn't come. I'll have to open the wardrobe and see if I can come through next time.
Uncle John

 
At 8:15 AM , Blogger mmgavin2003 said...

Happy birthday Amy!!!

 
At 5:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Amy! I love you and am thinking of you.
Ruth

 
At 12:14 PM , Blogger betolisa said...

Happy Birthday Amy! Your friends on the other side of the wardrobe wish you a year full of joy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home