Sunday, April 29, 2007

Dan to the rescue

Pregnancy nausea is not at all fun, but I must admit that I am very, very spoiled. I have a husband that is determined to make things better. All I need to do is mention something that sounds remotely good to eat, and he grabs the car keys. "Would you really like quiche? I could go get some right now. I'll be right back!" He goes to the supermarket two or three times each week, returning with bags full of "comfort foods".

"What about pop tarts? Could you eat those? Oh, and look at these crackers. They're oyster crackers...pretty bland. Would those work? Here are some dinner things I thought you could eat. What do you think?"

Today I mentioned feeling dehydrated, because liquids have been very difficult to hold down. Then, Dan remembered making me frozen fruit "smoothies" when I was pregnant with Beth. So, while Beth and I went to evening Mass, Dan took Amy and Erin to the store and bought all the supplies for making smoothies. He also bought flavored water, lemonade, and soups. Our cabinets are overflowing, and for the most part, he is amazingly on target with his choices.

And so, while I struggle with this first trimester stomach trouble, I realize once again how lucky and blessed I am to have this amazing person in my life. Thanks, Dan, for all that you do!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home