Wednesday, May 16, 2007

From the mouths of babes

Erin spoke her first sentence last night. It was "Hi, Mama!" Dan and I were thrilled. We then attempted to get her to say "Hi, Dada!", but she simply couldn't do it. She tried and tried, but it was like a complicated tongue-twister for her. "Hi...Ba..Ba..Ga.." was what kept coming out. But she never became frustrated. After numerous attempts, she simply broke into a big grin and just cried "Dada!" That was enough to make us smile.

It's oh-so-fun to watch her little personality developing. She's able to communicate her needs more and more clearly. She helps get herself dressed in the morning, and then holds up her tiny bare feet and demands "docks!" When she's thirsty she requests "cup", and when she's really tired she points to her crib and says "bed"! (Beth and Amy have never, ever asked to go to bed. Never. Ever.)

So tonight, after a "tub" and a "tory book", she and I snuggled up in her rocking chair. "I love you", I told her. Her little chubby hand reached up and patted me on my cheek. "Wub you", she responded.

Good night, little Erin. I can't wait to hear your little voice again in the morning.

1 Comments:

At 9:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to talking with her when I return! She'll have a large vocabulary by then.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home