Thursday, May 03, 2007

New friends

Amy has a little friend in her gymnastics class. Her name is Charlotte, and the girls only see each other for their brief 45 minute class each Thursday morning. I usually chat with Charlotte's mother while we wait outside the gym each week.

Today Charlotte was not in class. In the car on the way home, I mentioned this to Amy.

"Did you miss Charlotte today, Amy?", I asked.

"Mommy, Charlotte was in class today", Amy insisted.

I corrected her, but she refused to budge. With that typical 3-year-old stubborn attitude, she set me straight.

"Mommy, she was there. She had on a different leotard this week...and her hair was a little different...and she grew taller...and they were calling her a new name...but it was definitely her".

And so, once again I am left to wonder... how can you possibly argue with a 3-year-old?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home