Monday, November 26, 2007

Brian Daniel

Brian is like a little hot water bottle. On these cold, damp November days, he snuggles up close in my arms, and sleeps for hours on end. When I finally put him down, I realize just how cold it is in the house...his little body is so warm and cozy!

Dan has a couple more days left of paternity leave, and then the chaos of the outside world will hit us. Trying to get Beth and Amy off to school, gymnastics, etc., with a toddler and a newborn in tow will be quite a challenge, I think! But for now, Brian and I are content to snuggle up in front of the fireplace, enjoying each other's company, and blocking everything else out. At times like these, I can hardly remember the nine months of nausea...I can hardly remember the heartburn, the fatigue, and all the other challenges of pregnancy. All I can think about is how glad I am to finally have Brian here in my arms.

He was worth it all.

2 Comments:

At 10:21 PM , Blogger betolisa said...

I'm so happy for you! Such precious moments. And I totally agree with Amy, the big plate should be for dessert. :)

 
At 6:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting - you reminded me of those newborn moments that I seem to forget unless reminded! I wish you lots of uninterupted sleep, agreeable children and not too many interruptions to the schedule once Dan goes back to work!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home