Friday, April 11, 2008

"Sibling Gym Class" At The Y

WHAT THEY SEE: A large, soft pit filled with colorful plastic balls...perfect for jumping and rolling around in.
WHAT I SEE: Germs, Germs, Germs.

WHAT THEY SEE
: A brightly-colored plastic balance beam where they can practice jumps and spins, perfecting their daring moves en route to the 2020 Games.
WHAT I SEE: Another broken tooth, a split lip, or a broken bone.

WHAT THEY SEE
: Complete and utter injustice, as a little boy pushes Erin out of the line and hops onto the slide ahead of her.
WHAT I SEE: An impending, screaming meltdown, that requires a quick distraction towards another activity.

WHAT THEY SEE
: An exciting, rousing game of ring-around-the-rosie with friends.
WHAT I SEE: Germs, germs, germs...the little girl holding Amy's hand has been coughing and sneezing all morning.

WHAT THEY SEE
: One of their favorite events of the week...time to laugh and get together with friends.
WHAT I SEE: One of my favorite events of the week...time to laugh and get together with friends, while watching my daughters happily playing together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home