Wednesday, January 09, 2008

A Few Random Observations From Today

My thoughts are scattered today, but here's a glimpse into my mind this afternoon...

1. Potty-training a two-year-old is not the smartest thing to attempt when you have a newborn in the house. The accidents come at the worst possible times.

2. When your daughter is turning six, it's best to ask her what kind of cake she would like BEFORE the eve of her birthday. That helps to avoid the meltdowns that occur when the only cake mix in the house is vanilla. Now I need to go shopping tonight.

3. Six years ago today I was still pregnant with Beth. I had no idea what adventures were yet to come.

4. Sixty-five degree temperatures in mid-January are weird. Just plain weird.

5. Six years can go by incredibly quickly.

6. Who in the world is Hannah Montana, anyway? And how did Beth learn all her songs, if we don't even have cable?

7. Two-month-old babies are very, very cuddly.

8. I hope the next six years don't go by quite so fast.

9. I'd better enjoy baby Brian's cuddles now. Six-year-olds are too busy for many hugs.

10. Happy Birthday, Beth!

3 Comments:

At 8:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Beth! (Love the new title!)
Uncle John

 
At 9:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Beth! We love you!
Love, Uncle Ken, Aunt Sara and Ella Rose

 
At 2:10 PM , Blogger Susan said...

It's absolutely crazy how fast the years go when you have little ones. Happy Birthday Beth! I remember when your mother and I were 6 years old.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home