Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas Eve story

We all had a wonderful Christmas, although the kids are now battling a stomach virus. Unfortunately, this has resulted in a postponement of our holiday celebrations with Dan's family. We will miss them very much this weekend, but look forward to a Christmas celebration very soon, when the kids are finally healthy!

On Christmas eve, Erin and I cuddled up to read some Christmas stories. After a few holiday stories, we ended with one of her favorite books, "Good Night Moon". I read the last two pages softly..."Good Night stars...Good night Air...Good night noises everywhere".

I slowly closed the book, and Erin snuggled even closer.

"I like that book", she told me. "I especially like the way it says good night just to me".

I thought for a minute, and then asked her what she meant.

"At the end", she said. "It says 'Good night stars, Good night Er, Good night noises everywhere'".

We do often call her "Er". I never thought that during all those dozens and dozens of readings, she thought the author was singling her out. I suppose the word "air" is a foreign one to a 2-year-old, so she substituted something more familiar...her name.

Good night, Er. Sleep tight.

1 Comments:

At 3:27 PM , Blogger betolisa said...

How precious! Each child is the center of their own universe! We have a lot to learn from the little one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home