Thursday, January 10, 2008

Six Years Old!!

Six years ago today, I met my beautiful baby girl for the first time. The nurse handed my adorable (and quite large) newborn to me, and I held her close. For the first twenty-four hours, she slept calmly, nursed well, and was everything I had dreamed about.

And then the screaming started. She screamed. And screamed. And screamed. We brought her home to her adorable Pooh-bear bedroom, and she screamed some more. We paced the floors, and sat up at night trying desperately to calm her. Nothing worked.

After a few very long months of colicky days and sleepless nights, the screams gradually diminished. Now, she loves to hear stories about how Daddy had to strap her into the Baby Bjorn and walk on the treadmill with her for hours at a time, because that was the ONLY way to make the wailing stop. It was exhausting, and not at all what we had anticipated, but somehow we made it through.

And now? She's still a bit high-strung, but her love of life and enthusiasm for everything she does is incredible. Her boundless energy rejuvenates us all, and we are grateful for each and every day with her.

Happy Sixth Birthday, little Beth. All is forgiven.

1 Comments:

At 1:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Beth! I love you and am so proud of you!
Ruth

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home