Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Future Mathematicians

A conversation overhead today:

BETH: I'm older than you, because I'm four and a half

AMY: Yeah? Well, when I'm four and a half, then I'll be older than YOU.

BETH (laughing loudly): Amy, that's crazy. When you're four and a half, I'll be like 10 or 20 or something.

AMY: Okay, well when I'm 10 or 20, then I'll be older than you.

BETH (rolling her eyes): Amy, by the time you're 10 or 20, I'll be like 35 or something...like Daddy.

AMY (quietly) Oh. That's really old.

4 Comments:

At 9:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it!! You have a gift, with your storytelling, Ellen. I'm still laughing! :)

 
At 8:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth's math is not necessarily incorrect, nor is Amy's. From what I can remember from my chaos mathematics course in college, it sounds like they were each applying some pretty advanced theoretical math in an effort to better understand the aging process in the context of the greater universe. You have some smart girls there, Ellen. Nurture that love of math in them.

 
At 8:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder how they'd describe my age!!

 
At 12:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

nana, your age would require brendan's chaos theroy math along with fractals and such.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home